So… I was walking through my local Shoppers Drug Mart the other day and I overheard some girls talking about why their blonde hair is better than their Chinese friends’ “boring brown hair”. I decided instead of confronting these girls in person (lol), I would put my opinion on the matter out there on the internet where it can be read by anyone.
NO HAIR IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER. So can we please just stop with this idea that one is? But in response to those girls here is why brown hair is “better”.
- Brunettes usually don’t have to spend hours getting bleached in highlights because our natural tones are cool AF.
- Each shade of brown is unique and tend to have tons of different colours and undertones in it
- We spend WAY less money at the hairdresser… DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH HIGHLIGHTS COST??? RIP NO. Just a trim and blow dry pls.
- If we want to go blonde we 100% can because it’s easier to gradually lighten your hair
- Brunette hair is naturally super shiny and glossy looking
- In specific response to “BORING BROWN”…. um just rude. Brunette hair is not boring
- To those of us with South, South East, and/or East Asian Heritage our BRUNETTE hair is super strong, resilient, and usually grows really fast. We can go from a lob to a medium- long layered look within a season, that should be considered a super-power.
- Clip in hair extensions are way easier to match to brunette hair
But seriously, can we stop the nonsense surrounding why one person, race, colouring, hair type, skin type, nation, political view etc. is better than the others? It’s seriously just an opinion and instead of using the opinion to better the world we are all spending time tearing others down.
Spread positivity and happiness